Parent Teacher Organization
Welcome to another great year at Alice Byrne Elementary School! Working together we can truly make a difference at Alice Byrne. We would like to ask for your support through volunteering and supporting our activities. As little as an hour can really make a difference!
What does the PTO do?
The Alice Byrne Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is comprised only of parents, and there are no membership fees. We strive to support the school through monetary means as well as provide social activities for our families to attend. We show our dedication by volunteering in classrooms and the media center, providing morale-boosting activities for teachers, and encouraging school spirit through T-shirt sales. The PTO also serves as a site council and provides valuable input into curriculum decisions made by the principal and staff. We plan and organize events such as Friday Ice Cream, the Box Top Store, Mustang Marathon, Red Ribbon Week, and Spring Fling to name a few. Our fundraisers have helped provide Alice Byrne with playground equipment such as the big blue playground shade, playground benches, security gate, classroom supplies, and so much more!
What ways can you volunteer?
We invite all parents and guardians to be part of PTO. Here are some ways to get involved:
- Participate with your family in social events and enjoy our school community.
- Come to PTO meetings with your enthusiasm and ideas.
- Donate items for Red Ribbon Week, Spring Fling, Teacher Appreciation, etc.
- Volunteer! Volunteer! Volunteer! Even just one hour makes a HUGE difference.
- Become a member of a committee and help organize an event.
- Donate Box Tops.